What the church now requires ‘by faith’ :
- Run risks for justice in a brutalizing society.
- Run risks for forgiveness in a vengeful society.
- Run risks for hospitality in an exclusionary society.
- Run risks for generosity in a parsimonious society.
- Run risks for the scandal of resurrection in a society that reduces everything to our reasonable possibilities.
The intention of God is to create a community of holy people who look like the God we have come to know in Jesus. [Walter Brueggemann]